Connections for Independent Living
Founded in 1986, we are a non-residential, consumer-controlled, not-profit Independent Living Center that promotes independent living and the empowerment of all people with disabilities. We challenge barriers both physical and attitudainal, which restrict the rights and personal development opportunities of people with disabilities. We are one of ten independent living centers in the state of Colorado.
Mission Statement: To promote the full inclusion and integration of people with all types of disabilities into all levels of society, working towards independence and equality for people with disabilities
- Advocacy: We can assist and/or represent individuals with disabilities in obtaining access to benefits, services, and programs to which they may be entitled. We also work to eliminate physical and attitudinal barriers in the community.
- Information and Referral: Information and referral services to all individuals who need help finding the appropriate community support
- Peer support: Our staff members who have disabilities provide support, teaching information sharing with consumers to help in overcoming barriers, handling the stresses of having a disability, and sharing resources helpful in maintaining independence.
- Independent Living Skills Training: Instruction to develop independent living skills in areas such as personal care, coping, financial management, social skills, and household management.
- Employment: We offer support in finding and retaining employment. Our staff provides assistance and training in job search techniques, resume writing, and interviewing skills.
- Housing: Assistance in locating housing that is accessible and Affordable. When available, we offer assistance with rent and utilities and rental vouchers.
Additional Services: Youth Services, Nursing Facilities Transition, Self-Sufficiency (Champions Program), Multiple Sclerosis Services, Vision After 55!, Deaf and Interpreting Services, Travel Training, Support Groups and Classes
Counties Served in Colorado: Weld, Morgan, Logan, Washington, Sedgwick, Yuma, and Phillips